A crown is a ceramic restoration to protect and provide strength to a weak tooth and is recommended for the following reasons:
- the tooth has a very large filling and therefore not much tooth is remaining
- there is a large amount of decay and therefore not much tooth remaining
- there are significant cracks in the tooth
- the tooth is root-filled and is prone to splitting (if this happens, often the only option is to remove the tooth)
- for aesthetic or functional reasons.
Crowns take two visits to make. During the first appointment, the dentist will shape your tooth, take an impression and place a temporary crown on your tooth. The impression taken is sent to a dental lab where the technician will construct the crown. Once the crown is sent back to the dentist a second appointment is needed to remove the temporary crown and cement the permanent crown in place.
Our team of dedicated dentists have a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and are here to support you through your dental journey in a supportive caring environment. Book an appointment below today!